Arlington Heights Farmers Market
The Farmers Market is managed by the Arlington Heights Historical Society. In turn, the market helps to support the Society's mission of preserving and celebrating our community by caring for and exhibiting the collections, hosting events, and educating the public on the history of our village.
About the Market:
Hosted in the commuter parking lot and along W. Fremont St. in front of the Arlington Heights Historical Museum. This location transforms into a bustling market full of fresh, seasonal produce, artisanal cheese, homemade pastries, freshly roasted coffee, and much more. The Arlington Heights Farmers Market is an ever changing experience as new produce becomes available throughout the growing season and new event are planned throughout the year. Check out our Vendors and Events. For more information about the Farmers Market, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Arlington Heights Historical Museum at 847-225-1225.
About the Historical Society:
The Arlington Heights Historical Society was founded in 1957 by a group of citizens concerned about preserving their local heritage. These charter members met in each other's homes and began to collect local history memorabilia. In 1967, they purchased the F.W. Muller Home for the Village to use as a local museum. The museum opened to the public in 1968. Since then, the Society has worked with the Village to acquire other properties associated with the F.W. Muller property including the 1906 Soda Pop Factory, the 1908 Nathaniel Moore Banta House, and circa 1880 Coach House. A replica log cabin was added to the campus in the early 1970's to depict the lifestyle of Arlington Heights' earliest settlers, the pioneers.
The Historical Society operated the museum with a staff of dedicated volunteers, and the Village of Arlington Heights maintained the museum buildings and grounds. In 1985, the Society approached the Arlington Heights Park District for assistance with managing the museum and its educational program. In 1986, the first paid, professional administrator for the museum was hired by Park District. The Historical Society refocused its efforts on the restoration of the historic houses, the collection and care of the historic artifact and document collections, the installation of permanent and changing exhibits, the organization of a local history research library and the management of an extensive volunteer program.
The Historical Society is a not-for-profit organization and raises funds to fulfill its mission of preserving local history through memberships and donations.
About the Museum:
The Arlington Heights Historical Museum celebrates the link between the past and the present. The museum is a cooperative effort of the Village of Arlington Heights, Arlington Heights Park District and Arlington Heights Historical Society.
Mission: The past is never lost - as long as it is remembered. Towards that goal, the Arlington Heights Historical Museum collects and preserves significant materials related to our past and shares them through educational and recreational activities that promote community heritage and pride.